Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with engine transplat

3 posters

:: GENERAL :: The Lounge

Go down

Help with engine transplat  Empty Help with engine transplat

Post  johnbr6 Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:19 am

Yo guys hows things, Sorry I know I aint been on here much but been busier than usual... I know I still have to put the photos up from Modified Live and the honeyz on the unit-13 cars etc lol

Erm this sunday me and a friend are getting the 2.0 SR20 out of my breaker primera. I am wandering if there is sometime during next week that a group of us can come together in someones unit to quickly fit the 2.0 into my micra to do up some measuring?

Driveshafts: I want these cut and shut to size so i can send them off to get proffesionally made
Bulkhead: From pictures I've seen of previous transplants people have knocked the bulkhead back slightly, I wanna see how much mine needs to be knocked back and see how it can be done (I.E cut out the old one and weld in a new piece made so theres enough room for the 2.0)
Drivers side chassis leg: The pulleys are too close to the chassy leg so again need an accurate measurement of how much needs to be cut back etc.
Also on some conversions, the gearbox hasn't aligned quite wheel, and also I want to have the engine mounts so the engine is sitting 100% level and true, on most conversions ive seen the 2.0 is sitting ever so slightly lower on the gearbox side... I want mine perfect.

So yeah anyone out there with a unit able to help? and hopefully a few people on here will see this and will lend a helping hand?

Basically what needs doing is stripping the front end, removing the 1.0 engine, putting in the 2.0 for measurements... remove that and put the 1.0 back in and re-assemble the front Smile Smile

Thanks if anyone can help.

johnbr6

Ride : '95 K11 Micra 3dr

Back to top Go down

Help with engine transplat  Empty Re: Help with engine transplat

Post  slimothy Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:52 am

use an old broom handle to mock up the drive shafts. that's what we used when fitting the redtop in the mini

slimothy

Ride : lupo slammed on bbs rm's,1979 mini clubman

Back to top Go down

Post  johnbr6 Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:05 am

So what did you send to the driveshaft company then buddy? original driveshafts and the broomsticks so they knew how long? Wandering about the original drivehsafts so they can get the right fitments ?

johnbr6

Ride : '95 K11 Micra 3dr

Back to top Go down

Post  slimothy Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:42 am

yep lol jus sent the sticks and originals to be cut down and splined.

slimothy

Ride : lupo slammed on bbs rm's,1979 mini clubman

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkdub Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:15 am

You know where i am if you want welding/fab etc bar the shafts thatl need balancing etc Smile
Darkdub
Darkdub
Unit13 Admin

Ride : savage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down