Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP, need to fix doner car before conversion

3 posters

:: GENERAL :: The Lounge

Go down

HELP, need to fix doner car before conversion Empty HELP, need to fix doner car before conversion

Post  muttley Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:21 am

hi guys
i'm taking delivery of the doner car for my mk2 golf conversion on wednesday afternoon, a 97 Vento Vr6 which had previously been converted from an auto to a manuel gearbox and is running a cable change conversion.
1 thing i do have to do is work out a running problem that it has had since the change, maybe you guys could help me
This is all the info i know as i wasn't there when it was done.
after the conversion was done the engine wont start, not even a click. the petrol pump can be heard to start up but nothing else is happening but it was fine before hand.
The engine was in when the conversion was done and the fly wheel, pedal box, clutch, and starter were changed also. I havn't personally seen the car since but i know it was running with no problem before.
any ideas?

muttley

Back to top Go down

HELP, need to fix doner car before conversion Empty Re: HELP, need to fix doner car before conversion

Post  dan_mk1 Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 am

autos have a 'starter inhibitor switch' the thing that stops you startin it in drive, theyl only start in park or neutral. if thats not been removed or sorted during the conversion it might just be open circuit on cranking

try putin the ignition on an jumpin across the starter (bridge the two terminals) with a bit or wire or screwdriver or sumin an see if it starts.

if it does you've got no problem coz you'l be usin the mk2's starter wire Very Happy
dan_mk1
dan_mk1

Ride : mk2 1.8t, mk1 project

Back to top Go down

HELP, need to fix doner car before conversion Empty Re: HELP, need to fix doner car before conversion

Post  Crease! Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:36 pm

immobiliser? did they sawp the ecu over eyc??
Crease!
Crease!

Ride : bolf tdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down