Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vento VR6 price drop to £650

3 posters

Go down

Vento VR6 price drop to £650 Empty Vento VR6 price drop to £650

Post  muttley Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:58 am

well this is my much loved vento,
I’m still a little upset about selling it but i can no longer afford to keep it.

This was my dream car and as all VR6's it is extremely quick, and surprisingly echonomical,
I do have a lot of new parts fitted for the MOT, I am a bit perdantic, I like things to work like new, even if the car is 17yrs old lol.
Its a Vr6 vento, thats the 2.8 VR6 12 valve OBD1 engine (dizzy cap version) around 188bhp,
spec as follows-

body;
mostly standard, fitted a new tailgate as the old one was rotten, its not got the VR boot spoiler as it's a bit more stealthey without it lol and full tints- dark on the rear and light legal limit on the front gti arches and skirts with the usual vr6 spots

interior;
absolutley mint, no wear on the seats and they are the original vr6 recaros very *comfy lol, its got a racing (real leather not plastic) MOMo style steering wheel, 8 ball gear knob, vac gauge running of the inlet manifold, stainless steel gear souround and hand brake lever etc all the electrics work- central locking electric windows sunroof etc
however the passanger rear window is some times 'sticky'. i have also disconected the rear boot lock as someone tried to break in, and i converted it to a selonoid that is operated from the front of the car where the cigarette lighter used to be so i have relocated the lighter and converted it to a 3 way socket. No stereo (sorry but it was a gift from the missus) but i will leave the Vibe carbon fibre component door speakers in and the wiring for the subs so you dont need to rip the carpet up again.

chassie; all the usual vr6 reifinments, double linked roll bars, full discs etc however it has bielstien gass shox and springs on it around 80mm lowered and i have fitted a streight through stainless decat exhaust, this isn't stupidly lowd and it sounds amazing with the vr6 under the bonet. Its also sporting a set of BBS solitudes 6 spoke alloys (15” x 6”) which have been painted black (not by me) and could do with a rub down and doing again.

engine bay:as i had not intended to sell it this is 'mid progress' varios parts of silacon hosing, new vac pipes where possible, front strut bace and varios painted pieces, new plugs and leads, oil changed every 3 months, Also just completed changing the alternator and rocker gasket as the old oil catch tank that the last owner put on was blocked up and caused it to burst.

spares not yet fitted: comes with spare (all parts are new) fuel filter, I have replacement top mounts and bearings for the suspension as this has a tiny nock on full lock in reverse (a bit anal I know lol) the light has come on the dash warning of low pads, so i have changed all of the pads all round but the light has not gone out but i have now found out that one of the wires has broke to the pads at the front. ( I also have a spare front bumper, original leather steering wheel and two more working alternators if wanted)

the only real bad part was the filler cap had sum rot on it so all the rust has been cut out and the last owner rebuilt it using fiberglass so it shouldn't ever be a problem but does look a bit dodgy, its not on the actual body of the car only on the reses due to previous owners spiling fuel when filling the car, common fault apparently,
One thing i really must mention is one day when i was hoovering the car out i found that the carpet behind the Front seats had been cut so i investegated and found four holes in the floor that someone had tried to fibre glass over, so i removed all the interior and had them welded properly and also while that was being done i had the jacking pionts and sill repairs completed so its nice a solid now Smile
oh and all the interior is back in
i do have a lot of the service history and even the original sales catalogue with reicept for car and all mot’s from new
its a 92 reg car with 154,00 on the clock. 7 owners from new, its around 188 bhp, this is not a slow car and not for the faint hearted
hope you like it,

Apart from the reason it has no Cat on the exhaust it is perfect and ready for the MOT. But it is sat in my garage now looking sorry for itself with no mot and i dont have the money for the insurance to get it to an mot station. Does have tax till end of July.
And before i forget its name is schnitzel and has various stickers on the rear window and has been used on the TorqueVW show stands

I am open to serious offers and i will hopefully be replacing it with a MK2 golf or jetta or a old school beetle Wink

Thank You
John

Vento VR6 price drop to £650 08042010002
Vento VR6 price drop to £650 08042010003
Vento VR6 price drop to £650 08042010004

Last edited by muttley on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

muttley

Back to top Go down

Vento VR6 price drop to £650 Empty Re: Vento VR6 price drop to £650

Post  Gilmour Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 am

looks really nice dude, good luck with your sale man
Gilmour
Gilmour
Unit13 Co-Founder

Ride : Mk1 Golf Gti & Bora Tdi

http://www.Unit-13.com

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:45 am

cheers mate

forgot to add it 800 sqid ono

muttley

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:55 am

bump and price drop to £650

muttley

Back to top Go down

Post  stuartmc88 Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:10 am

hi there can i please have your contact number?
cheers
stuartmc88
stuartmc88

Ride : vw bay window, mk2 scirocco Gt2, Golf mk5 tdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down